Suggestions

Postby SharonC » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:26 am

Hi everyone,

Are you happy with everything here at AOLP? Is there anything you would like to see?

Please use this to post about the site itself and of course the forum.

Anything ideas you throw at us will be picked up and discussed by your admins and mods and who knows it might well come to pass.

This is your thread to post in. Let your voice be heard. AOLP is your board and so it's important to us that we know your likes, dislikes and wishes.

alyssa, SharonC, SirenSong, Kath40, Ari and Moonmad
Thank you Pinkie for my rocking, bouncing banner
Co-Founder of AOL club
AOL Club Keeper and Protector of Alex's muscular physique
AOL Club Keeper of Alex's ever changing eye color
AOL Club Protector of Alex's cleft
SharonC Offline

Bush Pilot

Postby Beverlyann » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:53 pm

I know I am new here but I was wondering.....

Any chance when you do your upgrade could you add a topic command that allows the admin to use a sticky. That way if you want a topic to stay at the top you can stick it and when no longer needed, unstick it. By using the bump up method, it looks like there is a new post to read when there is not. I hope I am making myself clear here. Image

Also, does you board setup allow you to put scroll bars in your smiley section?
That would avoid having the poster scroll so far down to hit the post command buttons.

I also have to add Image
*~*~*~*~*~* Mick St John *~*~*~* As Darkness Falls A Hero Will Rise *~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* It's like a giant thrill ride that never ends *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Member of the A.O.L. Club
Keeper of Alex's nicknames
Beverlyann Offline

Vampire P.I.

Postby SirenSong » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi Beverlyann!

We currently do have the ability to Sticky a topic. Depending on which skin you're using, the Sticky designator will look different. I don't think any of the current skins actually use that pushpin image though.

As Mods or Admins we have the ability to do a Global post (the thread will show up in EVERY forum). We can also do an Announcement post (the thread shows up in every subforum or a larger forum). Or we can make topics Sticky which keeps them pinned to the top of a particular subforum, which is what you described.

If you (or any member) would like a topic pinned (stickied), just PM one of the Admins or Mods and we can take care of that.

As for smilies being scrollable, I'm afraid that's not an option, even with the new upgrade. What will happen after the upgrade is that the smilies will show up on multiple pages so you'll have to click on different pages to find the smilies you want to use. I'm afraid that's not something we can change either. It's part of the upgrade programming.

I hope that answers your question! If not, let us know. :surfer:
SirenSong Offline

AOLP Admin

Postby Beverlyann » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Thanks Juli :sun:
Your reply did answer my questions. :twothumbsup:
*~*~*~*~*~* Mick St John *~*~*~* As Darkness Falls A Hero Will Rise *~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* It's like a giant thrill ride that never ends *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Member of the A.O.L. Club
Keeper of Alex's nicknames
Beverlyann Offline

Vampire P.I.

Postby SharonC » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:44 am

Okay everyone I had a thought about the Picture Gallery. I thought we could add an area for Fan Pics.

Now by this I don't just mean if you have been EXTREMELY lucky to meet our man BUT also about your fun in the Alex Fandom. For example. I have a picture of a bus in Glasgow with an advert of TBUP on the side.

We would need your full authorisation to use your given picture but also for you to understand that if it is picked up by people it could be seen elsewhere on the internet, though we will watermark them with the AOLP stamp.

Would this be of interest to you? Please let us know what you think.
Thank you Pinkie for my rocking, bouncing banner
Co-Founder of AOL club
AOL Club Keeper and Protector of Alex's muscular physique
AOL Club Keeper of Alex's ever changing eye color
AOL Club Protector of Alex's cleft
SharonC Offline

Bush Pilot

Postby Skylar » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:06 pm

I think it's a great idea Sharon! :hulasmilie:
Skylar Offline

Musician

Return to Site Announcements